EEHA - electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas - DARWIN*
Gap training for Electricians
Blended learning mode – Self Paced
50% theory online, 50% self paced practicals at our facilities. Start the course online on our E-learning platform at anytime and feel free to make your own schedule and come in at anytime during our open hours. This option is ideal for people who are self motivated and want flexibility around their work and life schedule. Click the Book Now button to enrol.
Alternative option – One on One Face to Face training – In class
100% in class face to face with the trainer at set dates and times. The trainer will be one on one with you and take you through the whole content of the course. He will be your personal coach throughout your learning experience. This is a premium service for students who like a classroom setup and do not like online training. Contact us to organise training dates and payment. Duration : 4 Days – Price : $9,400
ABOUT THE COURSE
Our EEHA Electrical Equipment In Hazardous Areas Training Course is a natural progression for Electricians wanting to upskill and work in the Oil and Gas Manufacturing Industry. EEHA gives you a statement of attainment (this is not a full qualification) and enables a person to work in Hazardous areas. If you are after a full qualification please check Certificate IV in Hazardous Areas.
This EEHA Training course gives an understanding of Installation Testing and Commissioning of Electrical and Instrumentation Equipment such as :
- Light fittings
- Gas Monitors
- Gas Detectors
- Flow and Temperature transmitters rated for Hazardous Environment
All Hazardous area Techniques will be taught and practiced for installation and testing of Exd, Extd, Exp, Exe, Exi, Exm, Exo, Exq and so on.
This EEHA Training provides competencies to :
- supervise selection, installation, commissioning maintenance and testing of explosion-protected equipment and systems for control and monitoring of plant and processes
- work with explosion protection techniques with elections in how they apply to coal mining, gas and dust atmospheres.
- select, install, set up, test, fault find, repair and maintain stand-alone renewable energy equipment and systems (ERAC requirements for an ‘Electrician’s Licence’)
On completion of this EEHA course, you will receive a Nationally recognised qualification.
Future Pathways include UEE44011 Certificate IV in Electrical Instrumentation or UEE50211 Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation.
There is no funding currently available for this course.
Ongoing. Book your course and come in at anytime during our open dates and hours to start your course. This is a self-paced course. Check our calendar for open dates and hours.
Theory : 50% of the course, can be completed online from home
Practical : 50% of the course, to be completed in the office for hands on experience with the equipment
In order to enrol in this EEHA course you will require :
- Certificate III in Electro Technology
- A valid Unrestricted Australian Electrical Licence
- A valid ID (eg. Drivers Licence)
- 1 year experience
You will need to bring :
- A wired headset or headphones
- A laptop
- A pen and notepad
You will also need to have an email address and a reliable internet connection in order to use our online LMS platform if you are doing some parts of the course online.
Enclosed footwear must be worn at all times when you are on the premises.
Unit of Competency
Determine the explosion-protection requirements to meet a specified classified hazardous area
Enter a classified hazardous area to undertake work related to electrical equipment
Provide basic instruction in the use of electrotechnology apparatus
Install explosion-protected equipment and associated apparatus and wiring systems
Maintain equipment associated with hazardous areas
Conduct detailed inspection of electrical installations for hazardous areas
Conduct visual and close inspection of electrical installations for hazardous areas
Job roles associated with this EEHA qualification relate to instrumentation, manufacturing and process control. Possible job titles and roles relevant to this qualification include:
- Instrument Fitter
- instrument technician
- Plant Instrument technician
- E&I technician
- I&E Technician
- Instrument technician
- Plant operator
- Process Technician
- Maintenance Technician
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐" I have just recently completed my cert IV EEHA training with Kevin and Ausinet and found the entire experience was a positive one. The teaching methods and course flexibility meant i was able to obtain my certification without having to take any time off work and still get through the theory at my own pace. The pricing of the course was extremely good and i later found that the course is supported through the trade union jetco fund which was an added bonus. I will be using Ausinet in the future for additional training for sure." VINNY S.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐" A bit like the HA courses that have rapidly became common place in the gas industry today so to is the need & focus now to up skill within the instrumentation field. This is where Kevin excels and sits apart from other training providers, with his informative, patient and thorough knowledge that comes from his years of experience in the field and a course structure that comes from listening to what people want from their training provider, i am happy to recommend Ausinet and Kevin for both the training i have undertaken and working alongside him in the field, great effort" ALAN H.
* Total nominal hours is 1160. An average of 4 days full time intensive practical block, Options available for Flexible day and night classes depending on availability. Course completion duration may vary depending on students self-paced completion of the units. Check our Calendar for dates. This is a competency based training not an attendancy based training. Duration is subjective and varies with an individuals experience, intellect and tenacity. Fees must be paid in no more than $1500 instalments.