ELECTRICAL INSTRUMENTATION COURSES
All our Electrical Instrumentation courses are available in Darwin and in Brisbane.
IN ELECTRICAL INSTRUMENTATION
IN INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL
OF ELECTRICAL AND INSTRUMENTATION
What does Intrumentation relate to?
- In this modern era, Instrumentation is one of the most important branches in Industrial point of view, as this is a multi-disciplinary stream that covers areas such as chemical, mechanical, electrical, electronics, biomedical and computers. This helps in making a switch to other disciplines. Instrumentation ideally deals with measurement, control and automation of processes.
- In today’s modern era, almost all industries are automated. Automation is the core job of instrumentation engineers and Instrumentation technician. As the trend of automation picks up in Australia Instrumentation and Control Engineers and technicians are finding more and more job opportunities. Australia is a large economy with multiple oil and gas reserves and automation is required to facilitate production with state-of-the-art technologies as the labour costs could be expensive in remote areas. Therefore, automation of process has created plenty of opportunities for instrumentation engineers and technicians. Right from Research & Development units to aerospace companies, pharmaceuticals, food industries, thermal power plants, steel plants, fertiliser plants, automobile companies, biomedical companies, refineries and cement plants, these engineers and technicians find job opportunities in almost all domains of the world.
- Control and Optimization is another important criterion in many Industries. Electronics and Instrumentation engineers and technicians having good exposure in these areas will be highly effective in solving various critical needs of the Industries.
- An instrumentation engineers and technicians are responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and maintaining equipment that are used to monitor and control the systems, machinery and processes.
- Instrumentation engineers and technicians can get jobs in the Heavy industries such as Thermal Power Stations, Steel Plants, Refineries, and Cement and Fertilizer Plants. They have a multidisciplinary role to play. One may choose to move sideways into other career areas either within or outside their industry. This might include areas such as purchasing, sales, marketing, finance, HR, IT or general management.
- These engineers and technicians can pursue consultancy-based work. Those who have an aptitude use their expertise they have gained in industry and engage in further studies to establish themselves in Senior level positions where they will carry the highest level of responsibility and may include planning and managing activities, as well as leading on new developments.
Type of Work
- Typically Control and Instrumentation engineers and technicians are mainly responsible for installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes. Tasks and responsibilities, which are common to instrumentation engineers and technicians, may include:
- Design and develop new control systems;
- Maintain and modify existing systems;
- Manage operations;
- Work in collaboration with other engineers and technicians in related field.Project management;
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving;
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with the health and safety regulations and quality standards
- Provide advice and consultancy support;
- Assistance in purchasing equipment;
- Write computer softwares;
- Develop new business proposals.
Instrumentation Courses Online
- In rare cases it is possible to achieve this qualification online . Experience E & I tech from Australia or other countries can apply for
- . This course is very practical and usually attaining a qualification online is applying for a drivers licence online. It will be very difficult for the assessor to assess your skills online. Theory part is easy to assess online but its the practical skills that is a challenge for the trainer. One way to find out is by applying for
- and the trainer will assess your application and let you know if he can assess you online depending on the evidence you provide
Electrical Instrumentation Course
- Generally when one wants to be an Instrument Technician they have two choices. One is to do an apprenticeship as a Instrument technician and second is to upskill yourself from Electrician to Instrument technician. The later is very popular as you cannot go the other way round. An instrument technician cannot up skill to be an Electrician. He would have to do a full apprenticeship as its a licenced trade. Electrical Instrumentation can be achieved by numerous pathways. One is by completing a
- the second option is to complete a
- . from here on there are other option like a
- and Advanced diploma. If one wants study further there always an option to complete a Bachelors degree at University and then a Master degree