UEE50211 - Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation - DARWIN
Gap training for Electrical and Instrument Technicians
ABOUT THE COURSE
UEE50211 Diploma Of Electrical And Instrumentation is for electricians who desire to upskill and learn more about instrumentation. Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation is in the Engineering and Related Technologies Field of Education.
Diploma Of Electrical And Instrumentation provides competencies to develop, select, install, commission, maintain and diagnose faults/malfunctions on electrical, instrumentation and control equipment and systems.
It includes ERAC requirements for an Electricians licence.
On completion of this course, you will receive a Nationally recognised qualification.
In order to enrol in this course you will require :
- UEE30811 – Certificate III in Instrumentation and control
- A valid Unrestricted Electrical License
- A valid ID (eg. Drivers licence)
- 1 year experience
NB : This instrumentation course requires certain physical competencies that a wheelchair user or someone with significant physical disabilities simply may not be able to fulfill so please check with admin before enrolment.
Theory : 50% of the course, can be completed online from home
Practical : 50% of the course, to be completed in the office for hands on experience.
The course is organized into the following themes : Instrumentation Theory lectures | Electrical Instrumentation Assessments | Internet research | Observation | Face to face | Instrumentation and Control Practical tasks | Group work | Activities in a simulated work environment (as per Training Package Requirements)
Each student’s achievement of each Instrumentation unit of competency within the qualification is assessed by their completion of written, practical tests, assignments and the observation of the competency in practical projects, in varying contexts on a number of occasions.
|Code||Unit of Competency||Points (Hours)|
|UEENEEE084A||Write specifications for electrotechnology engineering projects||40|
|UEENEEK132A||Develop strategies to address environmental and sustainability issues|
in the energy sector
|UEENEEM020A||Attend to breakdowns in hazardous areas - gas atmospheres||20|
|UEENEEI157A||Configure and maintain industrial control system networks||60|
Job roles associated with this qualification relate to instrumentation, manufacturing and process control. Possible job titles and roles relevant to this qualification include:
- Plant Instrumentation technician
- Instrument technician
- Instrument Fitter
- Plant operator
- Process Instrumentation Technician
- Maintenance Instrumentation Technician
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"Great facilities and a very friendly environment. They are very helpful towards the students in regards to understanding the courses but also in general making sure the students have the best outcomes." MATT G.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"Awesome training provider and courses. Flexibility of the training is unparalleled, no need to book in for practicals, fit in whatever spare time you can afford. Perfect for FIFO, DIDO or anyone working irregular hours." CLINTON G.
* Total nominal hours is 140. An average of 10 days intensive practical block, There are many prerequisites for this qualification. Options available for flexible day and night classes depending on availability, course completion duration may vary depending on student self-paced completion of the units. Check our Calendar for dates. This is a competency based training not an attendancy based training. Duration is subjective and varies with an individuals experience, intellect and tenacity. Fees must be paid in no more than $1500 instalments.