UEESS00098 - Electrical Test and tag Course - DARWIN
Blended learning mode – Self Paced online theory + 1 Day Practicals
50% theory online, 50% self paced practicals at our facilities. Start the course online on our E-learning platform at anytime and book a date that is available on the below calendar for your 1 day of practicals. This option is ideal for people who are self motivated and want flexibility around their work and life schedule. Click the Book Now button to enrol.
Alternative option – 2 days One on One Face to Face training – In class
100% in class face to face with the trainer at set dates and times. The trainer will be one on one with you and take you through the whole content of the course. He will be your personal coach throughout your learning experience. This is a premium service for students who like a classroom setup and do not like online training. Contact us to organise training dates and payment. Duration : 2 Days – Price : $2,200
Our Test and Tag, Three Phase and Plug Top Courses are available every day of the week Monday to Friday. You do not need to contact us to reserve a date, if it is green on the calendar, that means it is available and you can book it!
Please note this calendar is not clickable : find an available date that suits you and mention it in your Booking notes on the checkout page.
Please allow enough time for the student to complete the theory assessments from home (approx 2 full days)
ABOUT THE COURSE
Test and Tag is used to check the safety of electrical appliances. This is a safety requirement and testing and tagging equipment should be conducted on a regular basis.
This is the perfect little short course that will give you the opportunity to work with the portable apparatus tester, utilizing test results to establish the safety status, identifying safe and unsafe cords and apparatus, applying appropriate tagging, documenting testing activities and handling unplanned events.
This course gives you real experience of testing & tagging. In this course you will get real experience in the workshop testing & tagging equipment which actually you are going to test more often.
The course meets the requirements of both the Australian Standards and the WHS Regulations Code of Practice ‘Managing Electrical Risks in the Workplace’ which states inspection and testing of electrical equipment should only be carried out by a competent person who has the relevant knowledge, skills and test instruments to carry out the relevant inspection and testing.
- Blended self paced mode : You will have to complete the theory component online from home on our E learning system before you come in for the date you have booked for your practicals. This part could take up to 2 full days. You will then come in for your practicals to be done at our facilities. This part of the course is also self-paced, You will be given resources, guidance, step by step instructional E-lectures and practical documentation to practice test and tag on real world appliances and most widely used PAT Testers. There will be an exam at the end of the course where the trainer will evaluate your skills and fill any skills gap to start Testing and tagging confidently from the moment you walk out the door. Our trainer is on site and will be available to answer any of your queries at anytime.
- One on one Face to Face training : The trainer will walk you through the whole content of the course and go through every theory question and practical activity with you one on one. He will be your personal coach for this course.
You will need a Valid ID eg. drivers license to enrol in this course
There are no other entry requirements to this qualification. It is advised to have a moderate level of language,literacy and numeracy to undertake this course. An assessment will determine support needs.
Please bring a pen and notebook.
Personal protective equipment is required:
Enclosed footwear, long cotton trousers and long sleeved cotton shirt are required to worn at all times when undertaking practical training.
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry to practical classes.
Theory has to be completed before doing the practicals as a prerequisite. Assessments along with resources will be provided once the enrolment is confirmed.
The PAT tested used for training are Seward and Metrel.
All students will be trained on the latest technology using a wide variety of Portable Appliance Testers.
|Code||Unit of Competency||Points (Hours)|
|UEENEEE101A||Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace||20|
|UEENEEP026A||Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies||20|
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Statement of Attainment. This will enable you to Test and Tag equipment within your company.
- Apply Occupational Health and Safety
- Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord
- Interpret the test results of any equipment they use
- Understand legislation, Australian Standard AS/NZS 3760 and Codes of Practice relevant to
‘Managing Electrical Risks in the Workplace’
- Appliance test and Tag Technician
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐" Great knowledge from the trainer Kev. Highly recommend" CRAIG A.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"Content was good, making use of video presentations and plenty of opportunity to practice. The flexible training hours really suited me, too. Thanks Kevin!" WILLEM W.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"The course was very well set up to accommodate my roster. Kevin was brilliant, he guided me through all aspects of the course making sure I understood both the practical and theory. One of the best courses I have completed, very enjoyable." DAMIEN L.
METREL DELTA GT 3309 – $1,259
Buy your Metrel PAT Tester along with your course and get 10% OFF!
We will give it to you when you get to class for your practicals*. You can use it and make sure you know how to use it for future testing!
*Please place your order at least one week before your practicals date
Metrel DELTA 3309 Kit – $4,230
Buy your Metrel PAT Tester along with your course and get 10% OFF!
- Metrel 3309 PAT Tester
- Zebra ZQ520 bluetooth printer
- Carry case
- Android App and Tablet
- Power Supply 100-240VAC to 12VDC 2A suit P4T/ZQ520
- Print tags 250 of each (blue, yellow, green, orange, red, white)
SEAWARD PAC3760DL – $1199
Buy your PAT Tester from our partner TERRITORY INSTRUMENTS and get 10% Off the above price. Feel free to bring it for your practicals! (show proof of purchase for your Test and Tag course with Ausinet to get your discount)
*Duration is for practicals only. Theory is to be completed from home. Total nominal hours is 40. 1 day full time, course completion duration may vary depending on student self-paced completion of the units and on job practical experience. Check with trainer for exact duration and click our Calendar for dates.