Jobs in Darwin
Instrumentation and Electrical Jobs in Darwin
At Ausinet, we are passionate about helping our students with their careers as much as we can. Our team puts together a list of jobs available in Electrical, Instrumentation and Solar on a weekly basis to help you in your job search.
Posted on 29 April 2021
Kolsen, specialises in the management, maintenance, servicing for resource industry clients. We are seeking expressions of interest from local E&I Technicians for upcoming work all across the NT
- Minimum of 2 years in resource industry, predominately working in either maintenance or construction
- The use of SAP or previous exposure to ERP programs
- Strong computer literacy
- Development of work packs and permits through to execution and closeout
- Understanding of P&IDs, wiring diagrams and schematics
- Ability to fault find and work to a desired outcome
- Instrumentation and tubing
- Follow clear QA procedures and reporting
- Working independently, or in a small team
- Performing HV & LV Isolations under permit conditions
- Performing critical function testing
- Performing hazardous area inspections
- Servicing and exercising control valves
- Performing inspections and servicing on switch rooms, motors, transformers (including oil sampling), UPS’s & batteries, variable speed drives, Heat tracing and calibration checks.
Qualities required for this role:
- Current open electrical work licence
- C class vehicle licence
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Low Voltage Recovery (LVR)
Desirable but not essential:
- Electrical fitter Licence
- Heavy Rigid (HR) Licence
- Boom type Elevated Work Platform Ticket (EWP)
- Dogger (DG) & Forklift (LF) Licence
- Forklift Truck (LF)
- Type B Gas
- Basic flange management training
Senior Solar Electrician
Posted on 19 April 2021 on SEEK
Rimfire Group is a multi-disciplinary group of companies servicing the full spectrum of the electricity industry in the Northern Territory. At Rimfire, our core focus is to understand our customers energy objectives and provide effective solutions to achieve these objectives. As a licenced electrical contractor the Rimfire team has extensive experience in solar PV generation systems in both residential and commercial installations. This core aspect of our business is to design, procure and install solar PV systems for domestic and commercial applications to customers in grid-connected and off-grid regions of the Northern Territory.
With growth of the business, Rimfire is currently seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Solar Electrician to work from the Darwin office. Under the direction of the General Manager – Solar, your core duties will include supervision and installation or maintenance activities of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs or other structures in compliance with the Rimfire quality standards, design criteria, and workplace health and safety rules.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- NT Electrical Workers license
- Supervisor/Leading Hand experience
- Minimum 5 years grid-connected solar PV design and installation experience
- Off-grid experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Ability to work as a motivated and reliable team member of the installation crew
- CEC Solar & Battery Design & Installation Accreditation
- Solid understanding of workplace health and safety principles
- $40 – $59.99 per hour
Rimfire offers a collaborative working environment where input and contribution from all team members is appreciated. Rimfire offers competitive rates, and the opportunity to earn bonuses. If you are looking for that next step in your electrical career and are committed to a long term career in Darwin, we want to hear from you.
NT Electrical Group
Posted on 15 April 2021 on SEEK
About the business:
NT Electrical Group is the largest privately owned electrical services provider in the Northern Territory. Specialising in all aspects of electrical services including installation, maintenance and repairs of HV/LV reticulation systems, communications, fire protection services and security. Servicing commercial, civil and industrial clients across private, government and defence sectors.
About the role:
There is an immediate opportunity for a highly motivated Electrical Tradesman to join our team.
Skills and experience:
- Must have previous experience in Construction and Civil Electrical works.
- NT A Grade Electrical Licence
- Current NT Drivers Licence
- Construction Industry White Card
- Working at Heights
- EWP Licence
- Current CPR/LVR Certification
- Current National Police Check
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Posted on 28 April 2021 on SEEK
TRACE JV is a joint venture between Ventia and Cegelec Oil & Gas and is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, and property and defence sectors. This is a complex and evolving business offering the high profile projects, large-scale challenges and tailored support you need to achieve on the global stage.
Due to an upcoming major shutdown Trace JV are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians. This casual role will see you working on a major LNG shutdown located in Darwin. You will utilise your previous experience in shutdown style works to perform Pre, Run in, Execution and Run out works associated with the shutdown. To be successful in application you must be able to complete a full in clinic medical/D&A.
- Initial flight from elected Metropolitan Airport
- Camp accomodation & meals
- Return flight at the end of the Shutdown
- Trade Certificate
- NT Electrical License
- Certificate 3 Electrical Instrumentation
- Certificate 3 Hazardous Areas
- Low Voltage Rescue
- Working at Heights
- Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- Current First Aid certificate
- Ability to pass pre-employment medical including D&A
- High Risk Licenses highly regarded
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience in maintenance & fault finding activities
- Knowledge of hydrocarbon production systems and associated hazards
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Gas compression & power generation systems
- Ability to follow process & procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Excellent attitude towards health, safety & environment
Hays Trades & Labour
Posted on 23 April 2021 on SEEK
Construction workers wanted for both local & FIFO for an immediate start.
Your new company:
Hays are partnering with some of the most well-known reputable local and national organisations through these busy times in the NT. With more and more construction projects currently in progress and lots more about to start, our clients are currently looking to increase their manpower to deliver these projects smoothly and on time. Our client’s makes sure they provide a service that is safe, consistent, reliable and of a high quality.
Your new role:
You will get the opportunity to work for an organisation that puts the workers first, and get rewarded for the work that you do. You will have the opportunity to work in various Locations throughout the Northern Territory whether you are looking for Local Darwin Work, or whether you would like the chance to see some of the fantastic sites of the NT in the remote outback while working remotely.
- Plasterers & Gyp rockers
- Trades Assistants
What you'll need to succeed:
- Recent proven experience
- White Card
- Trade Certificate
- An up to date resume
- Must be able to pass a full medical & Drug & Alcohol test
What you'll get in return:
- Immediate Start
- Great rates of pay
- Opportunity for overtime and weekend work
- Opportunity for permanency for the right applicant
- Local & Remote positions on offer