Jobs in Darwin
Instrumentation and Electrical Jobs in Darwin
At Ausinet, we are passionate about helping our students with their careers as much as we can. Our team puts together a list of jobs available in Electrical, Instrumentation and Solar on a weekly basis to help you in your job search.
Posted on 8 Feb 2021 on SEEK
- FIFO Ex Cairns or Darwin only
- 7:7 Roster
- Immediate Start
- Flights, Camp Accommodation and Meals Provided
Key accountabilities will include:
- Scoping continuous improvement opportunities
- Raising notifications and work orders
- Breakdown and fault finding on Fixed Plant
- Preventative maintenance on Fixed Plant
- Modular and shutdown maintenance
- Statutory testing and inspections
Skills & Experience required:
- Electrical trade qualification
- Current Electrical workers licence (NT recognition or willing to obtain one)
- High voltage Experience
- Previous experience as electrical tradesperson or Electrical / Instrumentation Technician is an advantage
- Experience in PLC systems and control communication systems
- Basic instrumentation experience
- Experience in the maintenance and trouble shooting of Variable Speed Drives
- Competent understanding of electrical schematics, isolation and permitting systems
- Experience in computer based maintenance systems – SAP (desirable)
- Current Driver’s license
- Ability to Pass a Medical and Drug & Alcohol Test
- Able to work in a team
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Dedicated commitment to Safety & Quality Assurance Policies
Electricians - RAAF Base Darwin
Posted on 8 Feb 2021 on SEEK
Electricians required for immediate start. Great opportunity to work on a high profile local project.
Our client has been delivering electrical construction and maintenance services for over 100 years. As the project on RAAF Base Darwin accelerates, our client currently has several positions available for Electricians. As an electrician, it is essential you have:
• NT Unrestricted Electrical licence
• Minimum 2 years commercial construction experience
• Available to work up to 50 hours per week and possible Saturdays
• Sound understanding of WHS practices and procedures
Experience on large commercial construction projects will be well regarded, particularly on Defence projects.
If you are reliable, qualified, experienced and available please hit apply or contact the office on (08) 8947 0443 to discuss further.
PLEASE NOTE – To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Every employee of RED Appointments has access to our Employee Benefits Program. This includes discounts at over 300 retailers, insurance comparison services, discount on phone services and much more!
Control Systems Support Technician
Posted on 7 Feb 2021 on SEEK
- Field service and breakdown support for a range of customers over varying industries
- Preventative, corrective and recommended maintenance and documentation
- Electrical installation and completions works
- Offsite remote support
- Assistance with commissioning of projects
- On the job timekeeping and invoicing
Essential Capabilities and Experience:
- Extensive industrial controls experience including installation and fault finding
- Wiring, Fault finding and Commissioning of VSD’s (Variable Speed Drives) & PLC IO Systems
- Instrumentation qualification advantageous including installation, repairs & calibration
- Extensive Hazardous Area Electrical experience (including EEHA competency)
- Hazardous Area Electrical experience (including EEHA competency) will be an advantage.
- A strong commitment to safety and a safe working environment
- Dedicated to customer satisfaction
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- A-Grade Electrical Licence or equivalent
- Australian drivers licence
- Must have the right to work in Australia
- Great opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic environment
- Wide range of industries and project sizes
- Competitive remuneration and fully maintained company vehicle
- Professional and safe working environment
- SAGE supports and promotes cultural diversity and equal opportunity within the workplace
A Grade Electrician
Posted on 4 Feb 2021 on SEEK
- Responsible for the installation, maintaining and testing of electrical equipment in line with the relevant Australian standards and in line with company policies and procedures
- Ensure that all electrical work is performed by and supervised by holders of electrical work licence appropriate to the work
- Assist in identifying hazards, advising on safety procedures, and monitoring work practices to ensure adherence to correct procedures and standards for safety and environmental performance
- Maintain a high level of communication and cooperative working relationships on site
- Be proactive in reporting any workforce issues and concerns
- Support the Espec corporate quality, safety, health, and environmental management systems by:
- Reporting to your Manager or QHSE Manager any situation that could result in harm to a person, the environment or may adversely affect the services we provide our customers.
- Report to your Manager or QHSE Manager any opportunities that you believe would improve the quality of service we provide our customers or could reduce the potential for harm to people or the environment.
- Current Unrestricted Electrical Licence
- Current “C” class driver’s Licence
- White Card (construction site card)
- LVR & CPR Qualification
- Working knowledge and practical application relevant (latest editions) Statutory Requirements, State Legislation, Australian Standards and Site Requirements.
- Sound computer skills, able to use Word and Excel
- Written communication skills – able to prepare work reports and job instructions
- Interpersonal / verbal communication skills – communicates effectively with the full range of people involved on and off site
- Willing to work on a wide range of tasks involving on and off-site work and often irregular hours
- Ochre Card
- Working at Heights
- Hazardous Area Installation & Inspection Qualifications
- High Risk Licence – EWP
Electrician - ERA
Posted on 3 Feb 2021 on SEEK
- NT Electrician’s Licence (Unrestricted)
- LVR Certification
- CPR Certification
- First Aid Certification
- NT Manual Drivers Licence
- Working at heights (within 2 years)
- Confined spaces (within 2 years)
- High Risk Licence (EWP)
- Any RIO cards you may have
- Solid and relevant experience i.e. service & maintenance (at least 3 years)
- Must be physically fit to carry out duties of the role;
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety policies and procedures.
- Be a self-starter who can work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Good customer communication skills.
- Ability to pass a Pre-Employment Medical including Drug and Alcohol Screening