Qualified Business Person Course QBP BRISBANE
*Funding Available through CSQ – check funding tab on the page below for more information
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Qualified Business Person QBP course covers the development of plans and policies to ensure regulatory requirements are met in conducting a contracting business, regulatory compliance, occupational and workplace relation requirements associated with the functions and responsibilities of a contracting business.
It encompasses applying knowledge of compliance regulations and standards, legislated obligations in relation to safety, the environment, heritage sites and employment and human resources.
CSQ funding is currently available for this course.
CSQ Funding Details
|CSQ Funding||Difference payable|
|General Category / Non-Apprentice||Apprentice Advance Loading||General Category / Non-Apprentice||Apprentice Advance Loading|
Click here to fill out the CSQ Eligibility Form
- Construction Skills Queensland is an independent, not-for-profit, industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices, trainees and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
- CSQ provides funding to reduce the financial obstacle to training, making upskilling an affordable option for many more individuals in the construction industry.
- CSQ-funded training is delivered by a range of selected registered training organisations (RTOs) across Queensland.
- CSQ contributes towards the cost of courses to reduce the cost to participants. CSQ funding is paid directly to the contracted RTO, generally between 75% and 100% of course costs.
- CSQ’s Apprentice Advance loading gives Queensland’s construction apprentices and trainees a valuable edge in the jobs market with free additional training to boost their skills and career prospects.
- Through the program, CSQ fully covers the training costs of priority short courses and higher-level skills training for construction apprentices and trainees.
- The Apprentice Advance loading is available to any Queenslander currently in an eligible construction apprenticeship or traineeship, or for the first year following completion of an eligible apprenticeship/traineeship.
- CSQ is committed to helping apprentices’ future-proof their careers by keeping their skills up to date with the latest training.
Option 1 - Ongoing. Book your course and come in at anytime during our open dates and hours to start your course. This is a self-paced course. Check our calendar for open dates and hours. You can also do the course 100% online.
Option 2 - Intake every Tuesday. This option is for students who want to complete the online theory component and the practical component together in the classroom in a 3 days block with the trainer to avoid distractions at home
Self-paced course. Check our calendar for open dates and hours if you wan to come to our training facilities. You can also do the course 100% online.
Click on the book now button and follow the prompts
In order to enrol in the Qualified Business Person QBP course you must have:
- A valid ID (eg. Drivers Licence)
You will need to bring :
- A wired headset or headphones
- A laptop
- A pen and notepad
You will also need to have an email address and a reliable internet connection in order to use our online LMS platform if you are doing some parts of the course online.
Enclosed footwear must be worn at all times when you are on the premises
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Nationally Recognised Certificate.
|Code||Unit of Competency/Unit Name||Points (Hours)|
|UEECD0007||Apply work health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace||20|
|UEEEL0040||Develop compliance policies and plans to conduct an electrical contracting business||80|
|BSBESB402||Establish legal and risk management requirements of new business ventures||60|
Ausinet, as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), recognises the Australian Qualifications Framework qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by any other Australian RTO. You are encouraged to submit requests for credit from previous studies when enrolling to ensure that you are not enrolling in units you may not need to undertake. If you have completed units at other RTO and you think they may count towards the award requirements of the course you are enrolled in at Ausinet, submit an official copy of your results for the units you have undertaken. Credit transfer may fast-track your course.
Recognition of prior learning, also referred to as RPL, is the formal acknowledgement of a person's current skills and knowledge experience gained throughout life – regardless of how they have been acquired.
This is an important assessment pathway, particularly for people who are considering doing study. The recognition gained may considerably reduce the study time needed to get a qualification.
The RPL assessment may include workplace observation, interviews and professional conversations, work samples and documented evidence. Please contact the office for an RPL kit.
To become an Electrical Contractor, you will also need to complete the Qualified Technical Person (QTP) Course.
- This unit is part of the requirements for people who are applying for an electrical contractor’s licence from the Electrical Safety Oﬃce to become a Qualiﬁed Business Person (QBP).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"Good online course. Elearning platform is great compared to other courses I have done in the past." Aiden L.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"Course is well structured and I like having direct access to the trainers through live chat or email if needed. I got their replies quite quickly and I found they were great help " Ben K.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"Loved the videos and LMS. I will be recommending Ausinet." Joshua P.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐" Great knowledge from the trainers. Highly recommend" CRAIG A.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"Content was good, making use of video presentations and plenty of opportunities to practice. The flexible training really suited me, too. Thanks!" WILLEM W.
* Approximately 3 days. Course completion duration may vary depending on student self-paced completion of the units and on job practical experience. Check with the trainer for the exact duration.