Qualified Technical Person QTP Course BRISBANE
*Funding Available through CSQ – check funding tab on the page below for more information
ABOUT THE COURSE
The QTP course is part of the Electrical Contractor Course. With this course, you can apply to become a Qualified Technical Person QTP for the Electrical Contractors Licence. If you want the full licence, you will also need to complete the Qualified Business Person Course (QBP).
The Qualified Technical Person QTP course covers current practices in working safely and verifying compliance of electrical installations that affect the currency of competencies held. It encompasses working safely, procedures for rescue from contact with live parts and for applying emergency first aid. It also encompasses current practices in visual inspections and mandatory compliance testing, identifying non-compliance defects and mandatory reporting requirements.
CSQ funding is currently available for this course.
CSQ Funding Details
|CSQ Funding||Difference payable|
|General Category / Non-Apprentice||Apprentice Advance Loading||General Category / Non-Apprentice||Apprentice Advance Loading|
Click here to fill out the CSQ Eligibility Form
- Construction Skills Queensland is an independent, not-for-profit, industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices, trainees and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
- CSQ provides funding to reduce the financial obstacle to training, making upskilling an affordable option for many more individuals in the construction industry.
- CSQ-funded training is delivered by a range of selected registered training organisations (RTOs) across Queensland.
- CSQ contributes towards the cost of courses to reduce the cost to participants. CSQ funding is paid directly to the contracted RTO, generally between 75% and 100% of course costs.
- CSQ’s Apprentice Advance loading gives Queensland’s construction apprentices and trainees a valuable edge in the jobs market with free additional training to boost their skills and career prospects.
- Through the program, CSQ fully covers the training costs of priority short courses and higher-level skills training for construction apprentices and trainees.
- The Apprentice Advance loading is available to any Queenslander currently in an eligible construction apprenticeship or traineeship, or for the first year following completion of an eligible apprenticeship/traineeship.
- CSQ is committed to helping apprentices’ future-proof their careers by keeping their skills up to date with the latest training.
Option 1 - Ongoing. Book your course and come in at anytime during our open dates and hours to start your course. This is a self-paced course. Check our calendar for open dates and hours.
Option 2 - Intake every Tuesday. This option is for students who want to complete the online theory component and the practical component together in the classroom in a 3 days block with the trainer to avoid distractions at home
Theory : 50% of the course, can be completed online from home
Practical : 50% of the course, to be completed in the office for hands on experience with the equipment
Click on the Book Now button and follow the prompts
In order to enrol in the Qualified Technical Person QTP course QLD you must have:
- A valid Unrestricted Australian Electrical Licence
- A current electrical mechanic licence
- A valid ID (eg. Drivers Licence)
You will need to bring :
- A wired headset or headphones
- A laptop
- A pen and notepad
You will also need to have an email address and a reliable internet connection in order to use our online LMS platform if you are doing some parts of the course online.
Enclosed footwear must be worn at all times when you are on the premises
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Nationally Recognised Certificate.
|Code||Unit of Competency/Unit Name||Points (Hours)|
|UEEEL0002||Apply currency of safe working practices and compliance verification of electrical installations||20|
|UEEEL0030||Conduct compliance inspection of single-phase LV electrical installations||60|
|UEEEL0029||Conduct compliance inspection of LV electrical installations with demand exceeding 100 A per phase||40|
Ausinet, as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), recognises the Australian Qualifications Framework qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by any other Australian RTO. You are encouraged to submit requests for credit from previous studies when enrolling to ensure that you are not enrolling in units you may not need to undertake. If you have completed units at other RTO and you think they may count towards the award requirements of the course you are enrolled in at Ausinet, submit an official copy of your results for the units you have undertaken. Credit transfer may fast-track your course.
Recognition of prior learning, also referred to as RPL, is the formal acknowledgement of a person's current skills and knowledge experience gained throughout life – regardless of how they have been acquired.
This is an important assessment pathway, particularly for people who are considering doing study. The recognition gained may considerably reduce the study time needed to get a qualification.
The RPL assessment may include workplace observation, interviews and professional conversations, work samples and documented evidence. Please contact the office for an RPL kit.
To become an Electrical Contractor, you will also need to complete the Qualified Business Person (QBP) Course.
- This unit is part of the requirements for people who are applying for an electrical contractor’s licence from the Electrical Safety Oﬃce to become a Qualiﬁed Technical Person (QTP).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"I liked the flexibility and you can make your own hours." Eric M.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"I did this for work and I liked the course. Trainers are approachable and I was able to complete the course in a few days" Paul B.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"Video lectures are good to replay when needed. The trainers have good knowledge on the subject and were able to answer my questions." Jeremy N.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐" Great knowledge from the trainers. Highly recommend" CRAIG A.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"Content was good, making use of video presentations and plenty of opportunities to practice. The flexible training really suited me, too. Thanks!" WILLEM W.
* Approximately 3 days. Course completion duration may vary depending on student’s self-paced completion of the units and on job practical experience. Check with the trainer for the exact duration.