Solar Battery Design Storage Systems for Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems - ONLINE
Special Group Discount – Extra 20% OFF for 5 STUDENTS or more. Discount applied automatically.
ABOUT THE COURSE
- This training follows the CEC (Clean Energy Council) guidelines.
This Solar Battery Design course is made for electricians and engineers who want to learn how to design battery storage systems for solar Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems. This course does not include installing battery storage systems for grid connected solar PV systems.
After successful completion of this course you will be able to apply for accreditation with the Clean Energy Council of Australia.
This course is made for people who require a fast-paced and flexible learning environment while getting top quality training.
This Solar Battery Design course involves the skills and knowledge required to design battery storage systems for grid-connected photovoltaic (PV) systems.
There is no funding currently available for this course.
On average 30 hours of home study online, depending on the student's abilities, experience and intellect. Some take longer, some do it quicker.
In this course you will learn :
PLAN, DESIGN AND DOCUMENT BATTERY STORAGE DESIGN
In order to enrol in this Solar Battery Design course you will require :
- A valid ID (eg. Drivers Licence)
Competency in the following units :
UEENEEK125A – Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus
UEENEEK135A: Design grid connected photovoltaic power supply systems
These 2 units are covered in our Solar Design course.
*What if I have lost my actual Grid Connect Certificate? Is my CEC accreditation certificate enough to enrol in the course?
As per the ASQA requirements we need to verify that you have completed the prerequisite units in order to issue a statement of attainment.
Here are a few solutions if you can't find your statement of attainement :
- If you have completed your course from 2015 you can provide us access to your USI record so we can check the units attained
- If you have completed your Grid connect course before 2015 you can contact the RTO where you have completed your course
- If you are still unable to get your statement of attainment for the prerequisite units but you have a CEC accreditation for Grid Connected PV Systems, you can still do the course but we will issue you a statement of completion which is a non-accredited certificate. CEC accreditation could be attained on the basis of Statement of completion, you will have to contact CEC and confirm before enrolling into the program.
You will need to get access to the following standards :
- AS/NZS 5139 – Electrical installations – Safety of battery systems for use with power conversion equipment
- AS/NZS 4777.1 – Grid connection of energy systems via inverters – Part 1: Installation requirements
- AS/NZS 5033 – Installation and safety requirements for photovoltaic (PV) arrays
You can borrow them from our library in Darwin while you are in class or buy them for yourself from the SAI Global website or Techstreet website. For reference, the standards might also be available from some libraries, institutions and industry associations.
GSES Book - Battery Storage Systems for Grid-Connected PV Systems, 2nd Edition. Optional - Can be borrowed or purchased from the office.
You will need :
- A wired headset or headphones
- A laptop
- A notepad
- A pen
You will also need to have an email address and a reliable internet connection in order to complete the course online.
If you decide to come to class, enclosed footwear must be worn at all times when you are on the premises.
Ongoing. Book your course and start online at anytime. This is a self-paced course.
Online theory and practicals completed at the student's own pace.
This is a competency-based training and not an attendance-based training, you can make your own schedule and learn at your own pace.
Ausinet will issue your statement of attainment within 7 days of completion of the course.
After you have successfully completed this course, you will be able to apply for your solar accreditation at the Clean Energy Council of Australia (CEC). You must hold grid-connect solar accreditation before you can apply for battery storage accreditation.
You can find more information about the cec accreditation application process, requirements and fees on the Clean Energy Council website.
|Code||Unit of Competency/Unit Name||Points (Hours)|
|UEERE5001||Design battery storage systems for grid connected photovoltaic systems||80|
Possible job titles and roles relevant to this Solar Battery Design course include:
- Solar battery technician
- Solar battery designer
* Total Nominal hours is 80. Options available for Flexible day and night classes depending on availability, course completion duration may vary depending on student self-paced completion of the units. Check our Calendar for dates. This is a competency based training not an attendancy based training. Duration is subjective and varies with an individuals experience, intellect and tenacity