Solar Battery Installation - Install Battery Storage Systems for Grid-Connected Solar Photovoltaic Systems - DARWIN
ABOUT THE COURSE
- This training follows the CEC (Clean Energy Council) guidelines.
This Solar Battery Installation course is made for electricians who want to learn how to install battery storage systems for solar Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems. This course does not include designing battery storage systems for grid connected solar PV systems.
After successful completion of this course you will be able to apply for accreditation with the Clean Energy Council of Australia.
This course is made for people who require a fast-paced and flexible learning environment while getting top quality training.
This Solar Battery Installation course involves the skills and knowledge required to safely and effectively install, maintain and fault find battery storage systems for grid-connected photovoltaic (PV) systems.
In this course you will learn :
|PLAN, DESIGN AND DOCUMENT INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE AND FAULT FINDING IN BATTERY SYSTEMS|
In order to enrol in this Solar Battery Installation course you will require :
- A valid ID (eg. Drivers licence)
- A valid Unrestricted Electrical License
Competency in the following units :
UEENEEK125A – Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus
UEENEEK148A – Install, configure and commission grid-connected photovoltaic power supply systems
These 2 units are covered in our Solar Panel Installation course.
You will need to get access to the following standards :
- AS/NZS 5139 – Electrical installations – Safety of battery systems for use with power conversion equipment
- AS/NZS 4777.1 – Grid connection of energy systems via inverters – Part 1: Installation requirements
- AS/NZS 5033 – Installation and safety requirements for photovoltaic (PV) arrays
You can borrow them from our library in Darwin while you are in class or buy them for yourself from the SAI Global website or Techstreet website. For reference, the standards might also be available from some libraries, institutions and industry associations.
GSES Book - Battery Storage Systems for Grid-Connected PV Systems, 2nd Edition. Optional - Can be borrowed or purchased from the office.
You will need to bring :
- A wired headset or headphones
- A laptop
- A notepad
- A pen
You will also need to have an email address and a reliable internet connection in order to complete the online theory part of the course.
Enclosed footwear must be worn at all times when you are on the premises.
Ongoing. Book your course and come in at anytime during our open dates and hours to start your course. This is a self-paced course. Check our calendar for open dates.
Online theory completed at the student's own pace + 3 days practicals at AUSINET training facility in Winnellie, NT.
This is a competency-based training and not an attendance-based training, you can make your own schedule and learn at your own pace.
Ausinet will issue your statement of attainment within 7 days of completion of the course.
After you have successfully completed this course, you will be able to apply for your solar accreditation at the Clean Energy Council of Australia (CEC). You must hold grid-connect solar accreditation before you can apply for battery storage accreditation.
You can find more information about the cec accreditation application process, requirements and fees on the Clean Energy Council website.
|Code||Unit of Competency/Unit Name||Points (Hours)|
|UEERE4001||Install, maintain and fault find battery storage systems for grid-connected photovoltaic systems||60|
Possible job titles and roles relevant to this Solar Battery Installation course include:
- Solar battery technician
- Solar battery electrician
- Solar battery installer
* Total Nominal hours is 60. Options available for Flexible day and night classes depending on availability, course completion duration may vary depending on student self-paced completion of the units. Check our Calendar for dates. This is a competency based training not an attendancy based training. Duration is subjective and varies with an individuals experience, intellect and tenacity