Solar Battery Installation - Install Battery Storage Systems for Grid-Connected Solar Photovoltaic Systems - DARWIN
Blended learning mode – Self Paced
50% theory online, 50% self paced practicals at our facilities. Start the course online on our E-learning platform at anytime and feel free to make your own schedule and come in at anytime during our open hours. This option is ideal for people who are self motivated and want flexibility around their work and life schedule. Click the Book Now button to enrol.
Alternative option – One on One Face to Face training – In class
100% in class face to face with the trainer at set dates and times. The trainer will be one on one with you and take you through the whole content of the course. He will be your personal coach throughout your learning experience. This is a premium service for students who like a classroom setup and do not like online training. Contact us to organise training dates and payment. Duration : 3 Days – Price : $6,800
- This training follows the CEC (Clean Energy Council) guidelines.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This Solar Battery Installation course is made for electricians who want to learn how to install battery storage systems for solar Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems. This course does not include designing battery storage systems for grid connected solar PV systems.
After successful completion of this course you will be able to apply for accreditation with the Clean Energy Council of Australia.
This course is made for people who require a fast-paced and flexible learning environment while getting top quality training.
This Solar Battery Installation course involves the skills and knowledge required to safely and effectively install, maintain and fault find battery storage systems for grid-connected photovoltaic (PV) systems.
There is no funding currently available for this course.
Ongoing. Book your course and come in at anytime during our open dates and hours to start your course. This is a self-paced course. Check our calendar for open dates.
Online theory completed at the student's own pace + 3 days practicals at AUSINET training facility in Winnellie, NT.
This is a competency-based training and not an attendance-based training, you can make your own schedule and learn at your own pace.
In this course you will learn :
|PLAN, DESIGN AND DOCUMENT INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE AND FAULT FINDING IN BATTERY SYSTEMS|
In order to enrol in this Solar Battery Installation course you will require :
- A valid ID (eg. Drivers Licence)
- A valid Unrestricted Electrical Licence AND a Certificate III in Electrotechnology
Competency in the following units :
UEENEEK125A – Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus
UEENEEK148A – Install, configure and commission grid-connected photovoltaic power supply systems
These 2 units are covered in our Solar Panel Installation course.
*What if I have lost my actual Grid Connect Certificate? Is my CEC accreditation certificate enough to enrol in the course?
As per the ASQA requirements we need to verify that you have completed the prerequisite units in order to issue a statement of attainment.
Here are a few solutions if you can't find your statement of attainement :
- If you have completed your course from 2015 you can provide us access to your USI record so we can check the units attained
- If you have completed your Grid connect course before 2015 you can contact the RTO where you have completed your course
- If you are still unable to get your statement of attainment for the prerequisite units but you have a CEC accreditation for Grid Connected PV Systems, you can still do the course but we will issue you a statement of completion which is a non-accredited certificate. CEC accreditation could be attained on the basis of Statement of completion, you will have to contact CEC and confirm before enrolling into the program.
You will need to get access to the following standards :
- AS/NZS 5139 – Electrical installations – Safety of battery systems for use with power conversion equipment
- AS/NZS 4777.1 – Grid connection of energy systems via inverters – Part 1: Installation requirements
- AS/NZS 5033 – Installation and safety requirements for photovoltaic (PV) arrays
You can borrow them from our library in Darwin while you are in class or buy them for yourself from the SAI Global website or Techstreet website. For reference, the standards might also be available from some libraries, institutions and industry associations.
You will need to bring :
- A wired headset or headphones
- A laptop
- A notepad
- A pen
You will also need to have an email address and a reliable internet connection in order to complete the online theory part of the course.
Enclosed footwear must be worn at all times when you are on the premises.
Ausinet will issue your statement of attainment within 7 days of completion of the course.
After you have successfully completed this course, you will be able to apply for your solar accreditation at the Clean Energy Council of Australia (CEC). You must hold grid-connect solar accreditation before you can apply for battery storage accreditation.
You can find more information about the cec accreditation application process, requirements and fees on the Clean Energy Council website.
|Code||Unit of Competency/Unit Name||Points (Hours)|
|UEERE4001||Install, maintain and fault find battery storage systems for grid-connected photovoltaic systems||60|
Possible job titles and roles relevant to this Solar Battery Installation course include:
- Solar battery technician
- Solar battery electrician
- Solar battery installer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Being able to learn online and choose the days of attendance for practical section. The up to date equipment used. The approachable and helpful staff. Overall a great job, keep it up, good to see that you want to keep on improving everything." Rehrmann R.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "The flexibility of the training. I found it much better to work at my own pace and not be distracted by others as previous training with other organisations. Also the ability to visit the training centre anytime Mon-Fri with a trainer willing to help and answer any questions." Fenton T.
* Total Nominal hours is 60. Options available for Flexible day and night classes depending on availability, course completion duration may vary depending on student self-paced completion of the units. Check our Calendar for dates. This is a competency based training not an attendancy based training. Duration is subjective and varies with an individuals experience, intellect and tenacity