Solar Design and Install Grid Connected Photovoltaic Systems - BRISBANE
Blended learning mode – Self Paced
50% theory online, 50% self paced practicals at our facilities. Start the course online on our E-learning platform at anytime and feel free to book your practical session by the flick of a button from the comfort of your phone or computer. This option is ideal for people who are self motivated and want flexibility around their work and life schedule. Click the Book Now button to enrol.
*Funding Available through CSQ – check funding tab on the page below for more information
Alternative option – One on One Face to Face training – In class
100% in class face to face with the trainer at set dates and times. The trainer will be one on one with you and take you through the whole content of the course. He will be your personal coach throughout your learning experience. This is a premium service for students who like a classroom setup and do not like online training. Contact us to organise training dates and payment. Duration : 3 Days – Price : $8,400
- This training follows the CEC (Clean Energy Council) guidelines.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This Solar Design and Install course is designed for electricians who want to learn how to design and install solar photo voltaic systems.
After successful completion of this course you will be able to apply for accreditation with the Clean Energy Council of Australia.
This course is made for people who require a fast-paced and flexible learning environment while getting the best quality training.
This Solar Design and Install course covers providing known solutions to predictable problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus and systems operated at ELV and LV. It encompasses working safely, problem solving procedures, including the use of basic voltage, current and resistance measuring devices, providing known solutions to predictable circuit problems.
This Solar Design and Install course covers the design of grid connected photovoltaic power supply systems and their installation. It encompasses following design briefs, incorporating schemes for protection of persons and property from dangers of system malfunction, ensuring other safety and performance standards and functional requirements are meet and documenting design calculations and criteria.
This course covers the installation, adjustment and set-up of photovoltaic power systems and connecting to a supply grid inverter. It encompasses working safely and to installation standards, matching components with that specified for a given location, placing and securing system components accurately, making required circuit connections and completing the necessary installation documentation.
CSQ funding is currently available for this course.
CSQ Funding Details
|CSQ Funding||Difference payable|
|General Category / Non-Apprentice||Apprentice Advance Loading||General Category / Non-Apprentice||Apprentice Advance Loading|
Click here to fill out the CSQ Eligibility Form
- Construction Skills Queensland is an independent, not-for-profit, industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices, trainees and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
- CSQ provides funding to reduce the financial obstacle to training, making upskilling an affordable option for many more individuals in the construction industry.
- CSQ-funded training is delivered by a range of selected registered training organisations (RTOs) across Queensland.
- CSQ contributes towards the cost of courses to reduce the cost to participants. CSQ funding is paid directly to the contracted RTO, generally between 75% and 100% of course costs.
- CSQ’s Apprentice Advance loading gives Queensland’s construction apprentices and trainees a valuable edge in the jobs market with free additional training to boost their skills and career prospects.
- Through the program, CSQ fully covers the training costs of priority short courses and higher-level skills training for construction apprentices and trainees.
- The Apprentice Advance loading is available to any Queenslander currently in an eligible construction apprenticeship or traineeship, or for the first year following completion of an eligible apprenticeship/traineeship.
- CSQ is committed to helping apprentices’ future-proof their careers by keeping their skills up to date with the latest training.
Ongoing. Book your Solar Design and Install course and come in at anytime during our open dates and hours to start your course. This is a self-paced course. Check our calendar for open dates.
Online theory can be completed at the student's own pace + 3 days face to face practicals at Ausinet training facility in West End, QLD.
This is a competency-based training and not an attendance-based training, you can make your own schedule and learn at your own pace.
In this course you will learn :
|PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER SYSTEMS|
PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER SYSTEMS DESIGN
|PHOTOVOLTAIC LV INSTALLATIONS|
Click on the 'Book Now' button and follow the prompts.
In order to enrol in this Solar Design and Install course you must have:
- A valid Unrestricted Electrical Licence AND a Certificate III in Electrotechnology
- A valid ID (eg. Drivers Licence)
You will need to get access to the following standards :
- AS/NZS 5033 – Photovoltaic arrays
- AS/NZS 4777.1 – Grid connection of energy systems via inverters
- AS/NZS 3000 – Wiring rules
- AS/NZS 3008.1.1 – Selection of cables Part 1.1
You can borrow them from our library in Darwin while you are in class or buy them for yourself from the SAI Global website or Techstreet website. For reference, the standards might also be available from some libraries, institutions and industry associations.
You will need to bring :
- A wired headset or headphones
- A laptop
- A notepad
- A pen
You will also need to have an email address, a computer and a reliable internet connection in order to complete the online theory part of the course.
Enclosed footwear must be worn at all times when you are on the premises.
Ausinet will issue your statement of attainment within 7 days of completion of the course.
After you have successfully completed this course, you will be able to apply for the accreditation by the Clean Energy Council of Australia (CEC). You can find more information about the application process, requirements and fees on the Clean Energy Council website.
|Code||Unit of Competency/Unit Name||Points (Hours)|
|UEERE0022||Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus and systems||40|
|UEERE0011||Design grid-connected photovoltaic power supply systems||60|
|UEERE0016||Install, configure and commission LV grid connected photovoltaic power systems||80|
UEERE0022 supersedes and is equivalent to UEENEEK125A
UEERE0011 supersedes and is equivalent to UEENEEK135A
UEERE0016 supersedes and is equivalent to UEENEEK148A
"Ausinet, as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), recognises the Australian Qualifications Framework qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by any other Australian RTO. You are encouraged to submit requests for credit from previous studies when enrolling to ensure that you are not enrolling in units you may not need to undertake. If you have completed units at other RTO and you think they may count towards the award requirements of the course you are enrolled in at Ausinet, submit an official copy of your results for the units you have undertaken. Credit transfer may fast-track your course."
"Recognition of prior learning also referred to as RPL, is the formal acknowledgement of a person's current skills and knowledge experience gained throughout life – regardless of how they have been acquired.
This is an important assessment pathway, particularly for people who are considering doing study. The recognition gained may considerably reduce the study time needed to get a qualification.
The RPL assessment may include workplace observation, interviews and professional conversations, work samples and documented evidence. Please contact the office for an RPL kit."
Solar Battery Storage Course - Design & Install Battery Storage Systems For Grid-Connected Solar Photovoltaic Systems
Possible job titles and roles relevant to this qualification include:
- Solar technician
- Solar electrician
- Solar installer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "I've had the best experience with Ausinet and I would like to thank Kevin and Jabbar. I highly recommend their Solar Design and Install course." Patel VJ.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Course was well structured to do in segments or flat out hours at a time, it was insightful and had great videos and explanations on the task required. All in all a solid and refined course and the boys behind it were happy to answer questions in and out of regular work hours which really helped when you were doing it in the evening." Rose J.
* Total Nominal hours is 180. Options available for Flexible day and night classes depending on availability, course completion duration may vary depending on student self-paced completion of the units. Check our Calendar for dates. This is a competency based training not an attendancy based training. Duration is subjective and varies with an individuals experience, intellect and tenacity
Yes you can as long as you have an unrestricted electrical licence
Yes, you can check the CEC list of accredited training providers https://assets.cleanenergycouncil.org.au/documents/accreditation/cec-accreditation-training-organisations-australia.pdf we are listed as Australian Institute of Electrotechnology