Solar Design Grid Connected Photovoltaic Systems - DARWIN
- This training follows the CEC (Clean Energy Council) guidelines.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This Solar Design course is made for electricians and engineers who want to learn how to design solar photo voltaic systems. This course does not include installing grid connected solar PV systems.
After successful completion of this course you will be able to apply for the Grid-connect Design Only accreditation with the Clean Energy Council of Australia.
This Solar Design course is made for people who require a fast-paced and flexible learning environment while getting top quality training.
This Solar Design course covers providing known solutions to predictable problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus and systems operated at ELV and LV. It encompasses working safely, problem solving procedures, including the use of basic voltage, current and resistance measuring devices, providing known solutions to predictable circuit problems.
This Solar Design course covers the design of grid connected photovoltaic power supply systems and their installation. It encompasses following design briefs, incorporating schemes for protection of persons and property from dangers of system malfunction, ensuring other safety and performance standards and functional requirements are meet and documenting design calculations and criteria
In this course you will learn :
|PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER SYSTEMS|
PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER SYSTEMS DESIGN
In order to enrol in this Solar Design course you will require :
- A valid ID (eg. Drivers licence)
- A valid Unrestricted Electrical License
Competency in the following units :
UEENEEG106A or UEENEEEG108
- An electrical engineering degree recognised by the Washington Accord
You will need to get access to the following standards :
- AS/NZS 5033 – Photovoltaic arrays
- AS/NZS 4777.1 – Grid connection of energy systems via inverters
- AS/NZS 3000 – Wiring rules
- AS/NZS 3008.1.1 – Selection of cables Part 1.1
You can borrow them from our library in Darwin while you are in class or buy them for yourself from the SAI Global website or Techstreet website. For reference, the standards might also be available from some libraries, institutions and industry associations.
You will need to bring :
- A wired headset or headphones
- A notepad
- A pen
You will also need to have an email address, a computer and a reliable internet connection in order to complete the online theory part of the course.
Enclosed footwear must be worn at all times when you are on the premises.
Ongoing. Book your course and start online at anytime. This is a self-paced course.
Online theory completed at the student's own pace.
Ausinet will issue your statement of attainment within 7 days of completion of the Solar Design course.
After you have successfully completed this course, you will be able to apply for your solar accreditation (Grid connect install only) at the Clean Energy Council of Australia (CEC).
You can find more information about the cec accreditation application process, requirements and fees on the Clean Energy Council website.
|Code||Unit of Competency/Unit Name||Points (Hours)|
|UEENEEK125A||Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus and systems||40|
|UEENEEK135A||Design grid connected photovoltaic power supply systems||60|
Possible job titles and roles relevant to this Solar Design course include:
- Solar technician
- Solar designer
* Total Nominal hours is 100. Options available for Flexible day and night classes depending on availability, course completion duration may vary depending on student self-paced completion of the units. Check our Calendar for dates. This is a competency based training not an attendancy based training. Duration is subjective and varies with an individuals experience, intellect and tenacity