Solar Design Grid Connected Photovoltaic Systems - ONLINE
Special Group Discount – 20% OFF for 5 STUDENTS or more. Discount applied automatically.
- This training follows the CEC (Clean Energy Council) guidelines.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This Solar Design course is made for electricians and engineers who want to learn how to design solar photo voltaic systems. This course does not include installing grid connected solar PV systems.
After successful completion of this course you will be able to apply for the Grid-connect Design Only accreditation with the Clean Energy Council of Australia.
This Solar Design course is made for people who require a fast-paced and flexible learning environment while getting top quality training.
This Solar Design course covers providing known solutions to predictable problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus and systems operated at ELV and LV. It encompasses working safely, problem solving procedures, including the use of basic voltage, current and resistance measuring devices, providing known solutions to predictable circuit problems.
This Solar Design course covers the design of grid connected photovoltaic power supply systems and their installation. It encompasses following design briefs, incorporating schemes for protection of persons and property from dangers of system malfunction, ensuring other safety and performance standards and functional requirements are meet and documenting design calculations and criteria
There is no funding currently available for this course.
On average 30 hours of home study online, depending on the student's abilities, experience and intellect. Some take longer, some do it quicker.
Ongoing. Book your course and start online at anytime. This is a self-paced course.
Online theory and practicals completed at the student's own pace.
In this course you will learn :
|PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER SYSTEMS|
PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER SYSTEMS DESIGN
In order to enrol in this Solar Design course you will require :
- A valid ID (eg. Drivers Licence)
- A valid Unrestricted Electrical Licence AND a Certificate III in Electrotechnology
- An electrical engineering degree recognised by the Washington Accord
- If you are not an electrician or electrical engineer, you will need competency in the following units: UEENEEE101A, UEENEEE102A, UEENEEE105A, UEENEEE107A AND UEENEEE104A, UEENEEEE108, UEENEEE137A. We can provide those units for $5950. Duration is about 2 full weeks for practicals.
Anyone with prior Electrical knowledge can enrol into the course to gain Solar design training. There are typically two pathways for CEC accreditation. One pathway is for Engineers and the second is for Electrical Trades-person. The students that receive Statement of attainment are from the VET sector who already have the prerequisite units i.e. typically Electricians. For example, if an Electrical Engineer wishes to complete this course then they will receive a Statement of completion which can be submitted to CEC along with the proof of sufficient Electrical Knowledge which would be an Electrical Engineering degree recognised by the Washington accord. CEC will then assess your application and if successful award you with Solar PV Design accreditation
You will need to get access to the following standards :
- AS/NZS 5033 – Photovoltaic arrays
- AS/NZS 4777.1 – Grid connection of energy systems via inverters
- AS/NZS 3000 – Wiring rules
- AS/NZS 3008.1.1 – Selection of cables Part 1.1
You can borrow them from our library in Darwin while you are in class or buy them for yourself from the SAI Global website or Techstreet website. For reference, the standards might also be available from some libraries, institutions and industry associations.
You will need :
- A wired headset or headphones
- A laptop
- A notepad
- A pen
You will also need to have an email address and a reliable internet connection in order to complete the course online.
If you decide to come to class, enclosed footwear must be worn at all times when you are on the premises.
Ausinet will issue your statement of attainment within 7 days of completion of the Solar Design course.
After you have successfully completed this course, you will be able to apply for your solar accreditation (Grid connect install only) at the Clean Energy Council of Australia (CEC).
You can find more information about the cec accreditation application process, requirements and fees on the Clean Energy Council website.
|Code||Unit of Competency/Unit Name||Points (Hours)|
|UEENEEK125A||Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus and systems||40|
|UEENEEK135A||Design grid connected photovoltaic power supply systems||60|
Possible job titles and roles relevant to this Solar Design course include:
- Solar technician
- Solar designer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "The online course is easy to access and the trainers were always available to respond to questions." McNair A.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Being an online course forced me to solve & understand anything I was having trouble with rather than in a classroom setting just asking a question, getting an answer and not fully understanding or retaining the information." Crowe N.
* Total Nominal hours is 100. Options available for Flexible day and night classes depending on availability, course completion duration may vary depending on student self-paced completion of the units. This is a competency based training not an attendancy based training. Duration is subjective and varies with an individuals experience, intellect and tenacity